AMBASSADORS of the CHAMBER
The best way to maximize your Chamber membership is to get involved. Volunteers are needed in many different areas of planning and logistics here at the Central Oklahoma African American Chamber of Commerce.
Our Ambassadors work to educate, enlist and involve existing and new Chamber members in committees and activities. They assist the leadership and staff with promoting the Chamber’s services and benefits. Another important role of a Chamber Ambassador is helping at Chamber events; it’s a great way to make new contacts!
As an Ambassador, you are a vital link between the Chamber and its members.
AMBASSADORS’ focus on the following:
- Welcoming new members
- Member retention
- Networking events
- Grand openings and ground breaking ceremonies
- Business open houses, etc.
Characteristics of Ambassadors
- Ambassadors must have enthusiasm and support the Chamber’s vision, mission, its members and the community it represents.
- Ambassadors are representatives’ for the Chamber and should act accordingly while attending Chamber sponsored events.
- Ambassadors should dress in professional attire when representing the Chamber at any function.
- Ambassadors should maintain a positive, refreshing attitude.
- Opportunities to promote your own businesses
- Opportunities to interact with new businesses
- Develop business relationships and friendships
- Direct input and idea sharing with the Chamber
To be an Ambassador for the Chamber you must be a member in good standing (dues are paid and up to date).
Be willing to represent the Chamber at various functions during the week, after regular hours or weekends, if necessary.
Interested individuals can submit there contact information here.